Our GYN Services
WE HAVE BEEN PROVIDING COMPASSIONATE AND INDIVIDUALIZED GYNECOLOGICAL CARE TO WOMEN IN THE OMAHA-COUNCIL BLUFFS METRO AREA SINCE 1990.
In addition to our doctors, we offer the skilled services of a dedicated team of Nurse Practitioners at each of our three locations. Our Mid-Level providers are extensions of our physicians and will often care for you during office visits. This ensures you get the attention you need when you need it. It also allows our doctors to be available for surgical procedures and childbirth when our patients need those services--sometimes on short notice.
It is our goal to build a lifelong partnership with you, caring for all of your gynecological needs with the attention and excellence you deserve. Whether you are a young woman seeing us for the first time, enjoying your childbearing years, or approaching and moving through the change of life, we are glad you have chosen us and are grateful for your trust.
Gynecological services we offer include:
- Pap test – Cells will be taken from your cervix to look for changes.
- Pelvic exam – Examination of your uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
- Breast exam – Both breasts are examined to detect lumps or changes in your tissue and skin.
- Family planning and contraception consultations, pregnancy testing, pregnancy counseling
- Consultation and testing for sexually transmitted diseases and infections such as HPV, herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and trichomoniasis
- Genital rashes and warts
- HPV counseling and vaccination
- Infertility counseling and treatment
Our gynecological services also include the evaluation, treatment, and management of:
- Uterine fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and pelvic pain
- Pelvic floor prolapse and pelvic floor disorders
- Absent or irregular menstrual cycles, PMS, and menopause
- Bladder control problems such as urinary incontinence and urinary frequency
Annual Wellness Checks
No matter what stage of life you may be in, we can assist you with your annual wellness exams. Whether you’re in need of a pap smear, pelvic exam, cervical cancer screening, or something else, our dedicated healthcare providers are here to help. Having your annual wellness check is essential to detecting potential health problems early on or even preventing them altogether.
Are your menstrual periods unusually heavy? Are you done having children and want to prevent an unplanned pregnancy? If so, then you’ll benefit from our one-on-one contraception counseling services. Based on your needs and medical history, our knowledgeable staff will help you determine which method of contraception is best for you
Ovarian Cancer Screening
The best way to beat cancer is to detect it and treat it in its earliest stages. When it comes to ovarian cancer the only way to do that is to have regular screenings. Metro OB/GYN has state-of-the-art equipment and experienced healthcare providers on hand to provide ovarian cancer screenings. We also work with a number of insurance companies so you may not have to pay anything out-of-pocket for your screening.
When it comes to your gynecological health make sure you’re putting yourself in good hands. Turn to Metro OBGYN for the close-to-home care you deserve.